Professor of Engineering Practice (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 1973, Bachelor's Degree, Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology
- Master's Degree, Electrical Engineering, University of Houston - University Park
M.S. in Electrical Engineering, 1987, University of Houston, Houston, Texas.
Gandhi Puvvada received his B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering in 1973 from I.I.T., Madras (India), where he was awarded Siemens Prize for his first rank. He received his M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering in 1987 from the University of Houston, Texas where he obtained a Teaching Excellence award. He is a Senior Member of IEEE. From 1973-1985 he was in industry and has designed, installed and commissioned several Instrumentation and Control Systems in nuclear and mining industry. He joined USC in 1987 and has been teaching courses in Digital Logic Design, Computer Organization and Microprocessor-based system design. The School of Engineering presented him the "TRW Excellence in Teaching Award" in April 2002 in recognition of his contribution to digital hardware courses in Electrical Engineering. In May 2007, he was awarded the Provost's Prize for Teaching with Technology for the development of novel methods for teaching using tablet PCs.
- 2007 U.S.C Provost's Prize for Teaching with Technology
- 2002 VSoE/TRW School of Engineering 2002 TRW Excellence in Teaching award
- 1997 EE-Systems Dept., VSoE, U.S.C Outstanding Teaching Award - EE-Systems
- 1992 U.S.C Teaching Fellow of the Center for Excellence in Teaching
- 1987 University of Houston, Houston Teaching Excellence Award
- 1973 Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India Siemens Prize Award -- First Rank in B.Tech
- EEB 238
- Hughes Aircraft Electrical Engineering Center
- 3740 McClintock Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC Mail Code: 2562
- (213) 740-4461