Research Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Doctoral Degree, Electrical and Systems Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo
- Master's Degree, Philosophy, University of Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree, Robotics, University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree, Mathematics, Sharif University Of Technology
- Bachelor's Degree, Electrical Engineering, Sharif University Of Technology
BiographyMohammad Rostami is a faculty member at the USC Department of Computer Science and a Computer Scientist at the USC Information Sciences Institute. His research focus is on machine learning in data scarce regimes, including, domain adaptation and low-shot learning, and improving efficiency of learning, including, continual learning and collective learning.
Note to prospective students: I am pleased to know that you are interested in my research. If you are interested in my research area, please check my website. I apologize in advance that I cannot reply to all graduate school inquiries. If you are a PhD applicant, please include my name on your USC application. This way, I will definitely check your application after the application deadline. Occasionally, I may reply to emails before the deadline if I feel you have checked my publications well and have knowledgeably determined your research area.
Research Summary- Lifelong, Transfer, and Multitask Learning
- Zero-Shot Learning and Few-Shot Learning
- Sparse representations and Compressive Sensing
- Image and Video Quality Assessment
- 2019 UPenn Joseph D'16 and Rosaline Wolf Best PhD Dissertation Award
- 2016 IJCAI Distinguished Student Paper Award
- 2013 University of Waterloo Outstanding Graduate Achievement Award