Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2011, Doctoral Degree, Applied Science and Technology, University of California - Berkeley
- Master's Degree, Metallurgical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology
- Bachelor's Degree, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology
Jayakanth Ravichandran is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science at University of Southern California, Los Angeles. He received his B.Tech and M.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur in 2007. He obtained a PhD from University of California, Berkeley in 2011, and subsequently held post-doctoral positions at Columbia University and Harvard University.
I am interested in the physics, materials science, and applications of emerging complex materials. The systems of interest range from ionic oxide materials to more covalent chalcogenides. My group is studying both thermodynamically stable materials, and metastable systems in the film form to achieve the desired functionalities in these systems. Our synthetic capabilities range from bulk ceramic processing, single crystal growth, to state-of-the-art thin film growth techniques with in situ and real time structural and chemical characterization methods. My group also specializes in transport measurements (primarily electron transport) over a wide temperature range. Our application interest typically centers on energy systems (thermoelectric, photovoltaic energy conversion), and emerging electronic and photonic devices using new materials.
- Mork Family Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
- Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering - Electrophysics
- VHE 714
- Vivian Hall of Engineering
- 3651 Watt Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC Mail Code: 0241
- (213) 740-0453