Masters Students Honors Program
The Masters Student Honors Program (MSHP) is a highly selective program that offers outstanding students the chance to:
- Network with faculty members and PhD students
- Meet with key Ming Hsieh Department industrial partners
- Receive invitations to MSHP events
- Receive tuition remission in the students final semester at USC
- Be granted priority for funding/research opportunities, including:
- Directed Research and/or CPT (curricular practical training) supervision
- Student Mentor positions
- Course Grader positions
The MSHP not only provides our exceptional students the opportunity to enhance their graduate experience, it also allows them to distinguish themselves in the future whether applying for a job or a PhD.
Please note the application process is extremely competitive and only the very best students will be selected. To be a part of the MSHP program, students must:
- Maintain at least a 3.8 GPA in every Fall and Spring semester and at least a 3.7 GPA in Summer sessions
- Require a strong recommendation letter from a faculty with whom you have worked or interacted with, especially involving research. EE-590 registration is not required.
If you have been admitted to a Masters program in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at USC and have already registered for courses, you may complete the application for the MSHP by filling in the form below. You will be contacted with more information about the program.
How to Apply
The Masters Honor Program Application is now a part of myViterbi at https://myviterbi.usc.edu