Masters Students Honors Program
The Masters Student Honors Program (MSHP) is a highly selective program that offers outstanding students the chance to:
- Network with faculty members and PhD students
- Meet with key Ming Hsieh Department industrial partners
- Receive invitations to MSHP events
- Be eligible for the MSHonor Fellowship program
- Be granted priority for funding/research opportunities, including:
- Directed Research and/or CPT (curricular practical training) supervision
- Student Mentor positions
- Course Grader positions
The MSHP not only provides our exceptional students the opportunity to enhance their graduate experience, it also allows them to distinguish themselves in the future whether applying for a job or a PhD.
Please note the process to be an MS Honors Fellow is extremely competitive and only the students with the highest GPA will be selected. To be a part of the MSHP Fellows program, students must:
- Maintain at least a 3.8 GPA in every Fall and Spring semester and at least a 3.7 GPA in Summer sessions
- Provide a strong recommendation letter from a faculty with whom you have done independent research. EE-590 registration is not required.
If you have been admitted to a Masters program in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at USC and have already registered for courses, you may complete the application for the MSHP by filling in the form below. You will be contacted with more information about the program.
How to Apply
The Masters Honor Program Application is now a part of myViterbi at https://myviterbi.usc.edu
Published on September 26th, 2016
Last updated on November 11th, 2020