Andrew and Erna Viterbi Early Career Chair and Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Computer Science
- 2014, Doctoral Degree, Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
- 2014, Master's Degree, Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
- 2009, Bachelor's Degree, Electrical Engineering, Sharif University Of Technology
Mahdi Soltanolkotabi completed his Ph.D. in electrical engineering at Stanford University in 2014. He was a postdoctoral researcher in the EECS and Statistics departments at UC Berkeley during the 2014-2015 academic year.
Soltanolkotabi's research focuses on design and mathematical understanding of computationally efficient algorithms for optimization, high dimensional statistics, machine learning, signal processing and computational imaging. Recently a main focus of his research has been on developing and analyzing algorithms for non-convex optimization with provable guarantees of convergence to the global optimum. A particular focus on the application side has been on computational imaging.
- Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering - Systems
- Computer Science
- EEB 422
- Hughes Aircraft Electrical Engineering Center
- 3740 McClintock Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC Mail Code: 2564
- (213) 740-4456