Ming Li

Associate Professor at Sun Yat-sen Univeristy
Guangzhou City, Guangdong, China

"I think EE is a very broad and interdisciplinary field. It covers the full chain of the production of smart devices, from semiconductor, circuits, sensors, and chips to signal processing, communication, control and AI algorithms."

ming li

Why Electrical and Computer Engineering?

I like Chinese traditional music when I was young. I learned to play ErHu, a two-stringed Chinese instrument, and joined the orchestra of my primary school. From then on, I became very interested in audio and music signal processing, which motivated me to choose electrical engineering as my major in college.

How Electrical and Computer Engineering Uniquely Addresses the World's Problems

I think EE is a very broad and interdisciplinary field. It covers the full chain of the production of smart devices, from semiconductor, circuits, sensors, and chips to signal processing, communication, control and AI algorithms. In order to deliver a good product, like the iPhone, we need to jointly optimize all the components.

Advice for Current and Future ECE Students

Participate in more hands-on and experiential learning activities, not only the course projects but also opportunities outside the classroom. If possible, take a business class for long-term career development.

Published on July 11th, 2019

Last updated on July 12th, 2019