Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Computer Science
- 2015, Doctoral Degree, Electrical Engineering, University of California - Berkeley
- 2007, Master's Degree, Other Engineering, University of Pisa
- 2004, Master's Degree, Electrical Engineering, University of Pisa
- 2003, Bachelor's Degree, Electrical Engineering, University of Pisa
Pierluigi Nuzzo is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Electrical Engineering of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles. He received the Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences (EECS) from the University of California at Berkeley in 2015. He also holds a M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Pisa and the Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
Between August 2015 and August 2016, he was a Postdoctoral Scholar at U.C. Berkeley. Before joining U.C. Berkeley, he was a Researcher at IMEC, Leuven, Belgium, and the University of Pisa, working on the design of energy-efficient A/D converters, frequency synthesizers for reconfigurable radio, and design methodologies for mixed-signal integrated circuits.
Prof. Nuzzo was a recipient of the Best Submission in the Design Automation Conference (DAC) and International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) Design Competition in 2006, and the Best Paper Award from the International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS) in 2016. His awards and honors also include the U.C. Berkeley EECS Ph.D. Fellowship in 2008, the U.C. Berkeley Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award in 2013, the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship in 2012 and 2014, and the U.C. Berkeley EECS David J. Sakrison Memorial Prize in 2016 for his doctoral research.
Pierluigi’s research interests include: methodologies and tools for the design of cyber-physical systems and mixed-signal systems; contracts, interfaces, and compositional methods for embedded system design and requirement engineering; the application of automated formal methods and optimization theory to problems in embedded and cyber-physical systems and electronic design automation.
- 2020 Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Young Faculty Award
- 2020 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Formal Methods and Models for System Design (MEMOCODE) Best Paper Award
- 2019 National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER Award
- 2016 U.C. Berkeley EECS David J. Sakrison Memorial Prize
- 2016 ACM International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS) Best Paper Award
- 2014 IBM Ph.D. Research Fellowship
- 2012 IBM Ph.D. Research Fellowship
- Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering - Systems
- Computer Science
- EEB 346
- Hughes Aircraft Electrical Engineering Center
- 3740 McClintock Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC Mail Code: 2563
- (213) 740-9079