Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Doctoral Degree, Electrical Engineering, Princeton University
- Master's Degree, Electrical Engineering, Princeton University
- Bachelor's Degree, Physics, Peking University
Wei Wu graduated from Peking University with a BS in Physics in 1996, and received a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Princeton University in 2003. He joined the Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Southern California as an associate Professor January, 2012. Before joining USC, he had worked at HP labs since 2003, and he was a senior scientist at nano-electronics research group (formerly known as quantum science research). His work includes the first nanoimprint-fabricated optical negative index meta-material at 1.55 micron range, the first optical modulation using negative index meta-material at near-IR, the first third harmonic generation using meta-material, crossbar memory (i.e. memristor) and logic circuits with the record high densities, highly sensitive surface enhanced Raman sensors fabricated using 3-D nanoimprint, the first room-temperature working single electron memory and the first large area bit-patterned magnetic media fabricated using nanoimprint. The nanoimprint machine he invented has been commercialized via IP licensing. He coauthored 71 peer reviewed journal papers and more than 60 conference presentations, including 13 keynote and invited presentations. He has 58 granted US patents and 57 pending applications.
Nano-fabrication, energy harvesting, energy efficient lighting, oxide electronics (i.e. memristor), optical meta-materials, and surface enhanced Raman sensors
- 2016 IEEE Nanotechnology council Distinguished Lecturer
- 2015 IEEE Nanotechnology council Distinguished Lecturer
- 2001 IEEE LEOS Best Student Paper Award
- 2000 Physics Dept., Peking University, P.R. China “Scholarship of excellent study"
- Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering - Electrophysics
- PHE 632
- Charles Lee Powell Hall
- 3737 Watt Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC Mail Code: 271
- (213) 740-3085